Sunday, November 9, 2014

It' a new season: We're traveling through the valley of faith but he's with me so I'm good.

Whew.

This week I've had those old thoughts start to creep into my head

Nothing's happening
Maybe you should give up
You're making this all up
Maybe you need a reality check because nothing is changing here girl.

Each time I've been tempted to dwell on them, but then I tell myself "I trust God".  I repeat it four or five times to myself.

This morning's word at church was right on time.

Quick Update

There's nothing to report but I sense I have everything to report.

Resurrection, Restoration, and Redemption

Well that's still going strong but lately things have been getting stronger and more clear.  In accordance with the prophetic word Pastor Patrick gave during the summer that God will show us HOW he will bring our vision to past, God has shown me the process:  Resurrection, Restoration, and Redemption.

The only way I can describe this is that I see it with my spiritual eyes.  This whole restoration thing isn't something trite and small.  Apparently all that was lost was significant and God is ready to bring it back to life.

I don't understand it all myself but I wanted to share a little of what God has shown me.

Be Still and KNOW that he is with me

As Pastor Patrick preached today, God is with us as we travel through the valley.  We may be in the shadow but the shadow is bigger than whatever is after us.  Also where there is shadow there is also light.  Amen. 

There is light.  Even though I can't see that much right now and sometimes it seems fruitless and pointless to hang on to the belief that something is happening, I know that God is doing SOMETHING.

The best thing I can do right now is to BE STILL.

I can't fix it myself.  When I've tried to make it happen, I've just made it happen into a mess.  I love what Pastor Patrick said:

Don't try to Fix It 
Let him mix it

There are a lot of pieces right now that don't make sense, but will make all of the sense in the world when I look back.

It's a new season.
A season of expectation and believing God for his faithfulness. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment