Monday, January 5, 2015

Progress Journal: Welcome to Spring Training 12 weeks of Fat Loss (Week 1)

Welcome to Spring Training!!!




Well I am officially back on plan as of today.  Since I am from San Francisco and we are the world champions in baseball, I think it’s only fair to use this analogy of Spring Training as it relates to training.  


One of the most important parts of a training program is RECOVERY and REST. Along with flexibility, I think this is one of the most overlooked components of fitness.


This last month and a half of not weighing and measuring anything worked wonders.  I bought a new food scale and did not get angry when it was time to meal prep yesterday.  I actually welcomed it.  I also spent this last week eating whatever and doing whatever.  I needed the break.January 5


Now I am ready to go and I’m calling this my Spring Training.  Baseball players use Spring Training to get in shape, get the rust off, and work on the fundamentals.  So shall it be for me over this next 12 weeks.

I love deadlines and timeframes because it keeps me motivated knowing that I have a target date to reach.


12 Week Goals


  • 90% compliant with plans
  • Fat Loss in the Mid Section
  • Stronger in my Back/Biceps (I have this thing about wanting guns and I am determined to have them)

January 5 was Day 1 and it felt really good to be back ALTHOUGH my HR was near 160 on the elliptical which hardly ever happens...LOL.

We won’t even talk about what happened with the scale this morning, but this happens every year and every year it’s usually all gone within 5-7 days.  I bet it will be even better this year with an actual plan to follow instead of my not eating enough plan.

I'm not showing any pics until I've completed 4 weeks...LOL! Then we can see the first comparisons.


Results of the First Week

Feeling really awesome and strong in the gym. My cardio conditioning is back where it was and my lifts feel really good. I also think it was a good idea to eat all the things because that took care of all of my cravings. I'm about 3 weeks out from putting my shorts back on.

Due to circumstances, I am sending in my update to my coach this next Saturday. I feel she will get a better idea of where I am after 2 weeks on plan.

I did drop 5.6 pounds of scale weight despite it all.  That was probably all water weight.  I expect to see big drops these 2 weeks and then my body will head into it's happy spot and the real work will begin.

I'm excited to see where I go this year.  Stay tuned!  I'm determined to do it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment