Friday, May 2, 2014

Fitness Competition Journal: Staying in the race!!

I will not be competing in July as I previously planned.  Instead my coach has moved me to an August 5 show.  This will give me the time to bring my best package to the stage.  I think a good coach will be honest with you and let you know if you're ready or not.  A bad coach will just let you get up there because they don't really care.

I'm thankful to be working with Roxie because as a business professional she understands the importance of having a good product.  In the realm of competition coaching, having your clients bring their A game will not only make us feel good as competitors but prove that she is truly in it for her client's well being.  True enough I could crash diet, kill myself with cardio, and compete in 12 weeks and feel terrible during the process.  I would also probably look terrible and like a string bean. No thank you!

I'm excited to compete in August since that is my birthday month and that means I can get the party started early!  I also think there's no better way to celebrate turning another year better by accomplishing a big goal.

In too deep to give up now...

A couple times this week I've wondered if I should continue on with this.  I could give up and eat what I want and not be so structured.  I've wondered if I'm in over my head and if this is all an exercise in futility.

I just keep telling myself that I cannot give up now.  I've come too far, I've invested too much time and money into this process, and I really want to do it.  

The only reason I want to give up is because that would be the easier thing to do.  I have started practicing walking and posing in my heels.  All I can do is my best effort and that's what I'm doing.


I'm really enjoying myself and this process

True enough I really want a Quest Bar and I do miss my creative recipes, but I am really enjoying myself during this process.  I am enjoying seeing my body change and the definition of my muscles coming out in my upper body.  

I am also enjoying my progress in my workouts.  I have gotten stronger and I have done some new exercises.  I also am enjoying the high volume workouts.  It's challenging my body and mind.

I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and challenging myself to take it to the next level.  Seeing the fruits of my labor come through is a great motivator.

I have said it before and I will say it again:  After I get onstage butt naked in heels, my confidence will be through the roof.   This is a tremendous growing opportunity because I did something very scary and I stuck with it!

For the past few weeks I've complained about the lack of excitement in the gym to keep me motivated and to get my blood flowing.  I am glad that someone was listening because today there was some excitement.  This was great motivation to keep on going!!  

And no.....I didn't ambush anybody, but homey better watch out when I break out the boom boom shorts 4 weeks out...Poor guy he's the Jay Z in my head during my gym concerts.

I'm staying in the race

You don't win if you drop out of the race.

I am not delusional.  This is my first competition and my main goal is to finish the race and follow through with it.

I know I will be a winner if I just get up there and bring my best that day.  I am not giving up and I am STAYING IN THE RACE!!!!

Note...Next Cycle I am going to start sharing my progress picture *gulps*  I'm nervous, but I figure it's the first step in learning how to be vulnerable.  I'm going to be prancing around in a tiny bikini and heels soon so I better get used to putting it all out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment