Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fitness Competition Journal: Readjustment and No to oiled up men in thongs

Well the weekend of August 2nd was quite the experience.  I got a chance to attend the NPC Golden State in Sacramento.  It was on one of the lists of contests I wanted to do.

I do have some news that I wasn't quite ready for:

I will not be hitting the stage until 2015.


Fat Loss and Recomposition

After attending the competition this past weekend, I became even more resolute that I wasn't going to be one of the people who looked like they decided that morning to get up and do the show.  The overall winner of the competition looked how I would like to look.  She looked like the clear winner.

At this competition, I also got to meet my coach which was a good thing because after seeing me in person she got an idea of what we need to do to make sure that I am competitive.

More fat loss and More Muscle.  

Can this happen in 4 months?  Not in a safe and effective manner....so I'm on delay until 2015 with a goal of fat loss and then a cycle of adding muscle.

Feeling like I've failed

Never once did the thought of giving up cross my mind.  This is my goal and I am determined to achieve it.

What did cross my mind:  Feeling like I've failed.

I've been so adamant about doing this and sharing my journey with people that I feel like I've sold a bunch of wolf tickets and I'm not really going to do this.

In reality I know that I have not failed.  I have accomplished so much in these past 6 months, but I feel that I've failed in not being able to get it done this year.

I know this is all for the best and I truly believe that this delay is for the right reasons, but I still can't help but feel like I wasn't good enough to achieve my goal.  This is stupid thinking and I will be over it soon.

It seems like so much of my life is delayed and it's all for the right reasons.  It's so that I can enjoy the process of refining, maturation, and really getting it done.  In the end, I know I will be very grateful to Roxie for telling me the truth.

A huge part of coaching/training is trust.  If I can't trust you to tell me the truth, then why am I working with you?

I even said on this blog that when you have a really big goal, then you need to give yourself at least a year to achieve it.  Sigh...someone needs to take her own advice.

I look at it this way:  This is my opportunity to PUSH even harder and gain even MORE from this experience.

NPC Golden State

I went to the competition to support my coach and to get a more clear idea of the competition world. First let me say that I was soooo inspired by the Master's Figure and Physique women.  They had divisions for women 35+ and also 45+.  To know that you can still do this into your 30's and 40's even after children was so inspiring.

It really reinforces that we can do anything we put our minds to and age isn't anything but a number. Hey even if I make my debut in my early 30's, after seeing these women I know I can do it for years to come.  I even thought "My poor husband..."

I found out one of the women who did a great routine with pushups, jumps, and splits was 42!  She looked 25!!! She reminded me of Janet Jackson...I just loved it.

No to Oiled Up Men in Thongs

The biggest shock of the night for me was how much I did NOT enjoy Men's Bodybuilding.

My constant harassment and inability to leave one well built gym member alone is well known and documented but the men in thongs was NOT for me.  

God Bless them but I just couldn't. I just COULD NOT. I found it surprising...

I even tweeted: I never thought I would be in a room of nearly naked men and not be excited.  

The most exciting person in the room to me was nearly 50 years old and a member of the audience who had all his clothes on. 

What's Next

I'm sticking to my meal plan, training hard in the gym, and enjoying all of the discipline and commitment this process has brought to my life.  

I set a new goal to celebrate my accomplishments at the end of the year so I don't plan on going back to bad habits any time soon.  I've invested too much time to give up now.

It's all about patience and trusting the process to bring your best!  I am committed to nothing less than my best.

I didn't sell you any wolf tickets and NO to men in thongs.


See you onstage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment