Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oatmeal and Egg White Pancake! (Prep friendly)

Doing this competition has made me get creative in the kitchen to make food that is on plan, but tastes good.  I told my coach that if I had to eat cardboard and air then I wouldn't make it.

I would like to share some of my recipes that I've come up with. These recipes are contest prep friendly (depending on your contest plan of course) but also awesome for people who are looking to lose body fat (which is really what a competition diet is anyway)

So enjoy here's my newest favorite breakfast creation.


Oatmeal and Egg White Pancake





Oats and Egg Whites for breakfast every morning...Luckily my coach allows us to swap oats out so I alternate between oats, cream of wheat, and grits but oats are my go to because I like them.

I’ve livened them up with my allotted almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, added some Torani syrup but I  need some more excitement.  

I can’t take credit for this recipe, I got it from one of my fellow Roxstar teammates, Carol.  She’s my new best friend.

Preparation


The night before measure out your allotted oats and add just enough boiling water to cover.  Don’t add too much.  We just want to get our oats nice and fluffy.

This is where you can have a little fun with your mix ins.  Here’s what I’ve used
Stevia or Splenda
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
PB2
Vanilla
Torani Syrup: Caramel, Belgium Cookie, Vanilla,

Refrigerate overnight

Cooking


The next morning add your allotted egg whites to the mixture and stir it up

Spray your non stick cooking pan  or griddle and allow to get hot

TIP: Make sure your pan is hot enough before adding your mixture

Cook as a pancake and top with Torani Sugar Free Syrup or eat plain!


No comments:

Post a Comment