Monday, June 16, 2014

Fitness Competition Journal: Delayed (Again) but not Denied and 4 week Progress Phoots

Well looks like I am going to have another 4 weeks to keep on keeping on.

When my coach told me I would need another 4 weeks to get to where I need to get to for one second I got discouraged but then I thought about all the benefits:



  • Roxie would be at the show with me
  • I would be able to travel back to Los Angeles where my fitness career was birthed
  • I would get to (possibly) do two shows this season and after 7 months of training, I would love to get onstage twice
  • Roxie's clients look fantastic on stage and they do well in competitons.  I want to do my best and so I trust her to bring me where I need to be.  If she says I need more time, then I need more time.
What would be the downsides?

Having to stay on plan the whole summer

I could only think of one downside to delaying my show 4 weeks and really that wasn't even a downside, because it isn't like I'm missing out on anything.  I have really appreciated having something to pour my time and energy into.

Let's talk about the benefits though


Support at the Show

This was one of the biggest plusses if not the biggest plus of waiting to do a later show.  If I had done the show I had intended, then I most likely would have been there by myself.  I have said that I do not want to have to go through the show by myself and having my coach there with me is a tremendous relief.  I will need someone to tell me to calm it down and also if she's there she can give me feedback so I can do better the next time.

Coming full circle and traveling back to Los Angeles

I always refer to Southern California as my second birthplace.  It was the place that I began to hear my calling and purpose in life.  It's also where I began to workout and get healthier.  It was there on my campus that Billy Blanks came and taught a Tae Bo class and I knew I wanted to be inspiring and do something like what he was doing one day.

I think it would be so awesome to go back to Los Angeles and step onstage as a Fitness Competitor.  It almost feels like it would be a homecoming for me.  I'm also excited to get out of town.  I have not left San Francisco in 2 years.  I don't know what has happened to me because I used to take at least 1 trip every year.

No worries though:  Los Angeles is first and then I'm traveling to Las Vegas and St. Louis for a women's empowerment conference in September.  I feel like this is just the way to start off my world travels and Loving Life tour.

Getting to do more than one show

I have not gotten up onstage yet but I can already sense that I want to do this again.  LOL!  What better way than to celebrate this 28 weeks or 7 months of focused discipline than to do 2 shows.  This is my first season and I want to make the most of it.  We will see what happens with that.

Learning to trust the Process

One of the main reasons I picked Roxie as a coach is because I liked the way her clients looked.  The people do not look like string beans.  They have great muscle size and shape.  Her clients do not look like they have starved to death for 16 weeks and lost all of their muscles.  They are always in good condition.

If I am going to do something, then I am going to DO IT RIGHT.  So if she says I need more time to get in better condition, then I need more time.  I have seen progress every single cycle, so I know her process works.  As a fitness professional, I know that crash dieting is a recipe for metabolic disaster with rebounding and also I would look terrible on stage.  I would also feel terrible and I just cannot have that.  

The Downside

I would have to continue to diet the whole summer (including my birthday in August)


Oh well

Other people have more of a problem with this than I do.  I am more than willing to celebrate another year better by training for something that I really want to do.  Popeyes, Prime Rib, and Cheesecake, Brownies, and Carrot Cake will be there after the competition.

While I am on that note, I would like to point out that I am okay with what I am doing.  I find training for this competition to be a much better alternative than being unproductive doing things that I really don't want to do in the first place or sitting around complaining and comparing my life to others.

There really isn't a downside for me in this other than I am going to have to close my ears to people and stay focused on the goal.

4 week Progress Photos

I am going to refrain from saying I'm how many weeks out until I actually get the go ahead to officially register for my show.

These are 4 week progress photos.  The one on the right was taken early before I had coffee so I have one eye open and was trying to get it done.

As I said, there has been progress every cycle.  I refuse to cheat myself out of this goal I have committed myself too.


See you in the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment