Sunday, June 15, 2014

Recipe of the Week: Zucchinni Fries!

After completing my 16th week of training for my competition, I have to say that I have had to start getting creative so that I will be excited about my food.

If you know me, then you know I am just not one of these people who is about to sit around and eat cardboard so that I can brag about how hardcore I am.  If I have to eat cardboard, then I'm out.  It is just not that serious.

Well one of the positives of this competition is that you eat a lot of vegetables.  I've learned new ways to prepare veggies without adding extra calories, but still tasting mighty good.

This is one of my new faves and one I will be keeping after my competition.

This is so easy it is ridiculous!

Zucchinni Fries 


In order to chop the fries, I used my Chop Magic which I got during a trip to Bed, Bath, and Beyond when I was only in there to replace my water filters.  I decided that I really needed this in my life and it has been super helpful because I hate chopping vegetables!















Ingredients
3-4 Medium Zucchini (You can also use eggplant)
Cooking Spray
I can't believe it's not butter Spray
OR sprinkle with Olive Oil
Seasonings
Sea Salt 
Pepper
Italian Seasoning works well

Chop Zucchini in your Chop Magic or by hand

Preheat Oven to about 400 degrees (I like mine to be a little more crispy)

Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray

Season to taste (This is where you get creative.  Be Careful with 

Sea Salt because the zucchini seems to absorb salt very well.  I like Italian Seasoning)

Those in Contest Prep or in a Fat Loss cycle use about 4 sprays of I can't Believe it's not Butter Spray otherwise sprinkle very lightly with Olive oil

Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes

Enjoy!

They aren't French Fries but they do taste very good and are a great way to get your veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment