Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fitness Competition Journal: 20 weeks of training completed. Phase 2: Game on! Expected Competition date = Don't worry about it

I have completed 20 weeks of training towards my goal of becoming a Figure Competitor.

That in itself is an accomplishment that I need to take a moment to celebrate.  I would also like to add that I've seen progress every single cycle.

Things have changed again.

This week has brought about a major shift and it's actually pretty exciting.

She dropped a bomb on me:  This isn't the bucket list

So after a skype session with Roxie on Tuesday she dropped a major bomb on me.  She says, "I would like you to wait until later on in the Fall to compete because you need refinement"

On the surface I was thinking "WHAT!  MORE OF THIS!!! I WAS READY TO BE OVER WITH THIS BY SEPTEMBER SO I COULD MOVE ON!"

Internally I was thinking

"What's wrong with me that I can't do the 20 week prep that others do?" BUT I was also thinking "Good.  She knows just like I know deep down that I can bring it if I really and truly take my time and go through the ENTIRE process."

With the addition of Bikini and Physique, physique competitions have become much more popular.  You go to a gym and it seems many people are preparing for shows.  This is a positive and negative thing.

World Class Coaching


I think it's great more people are getting into the lifting lifestyle, but also there's a lot of bad coaching out there.  Just because you want to do a show in 20 weeks doesn't mean you SHOULD do a show in 20 weeks.  You may not be READY to be competitive and also your body may not be READY for the rigors of getting that lean.

One of the reasons I picked Roxie as coach is because her clients are successful and they look great on competition day.  If I do something, then it needs to be WORLD CLASS.  I do NOT want sloppy and raggedy.

The difference between a mediocre coach and world class coach is preparation and readiness.  A mediocre coach will let people go out there no matter if they are ready or not.  They can be kinda ready but because the coach isn't invested in the athlete, they just let them go out there and lose or place poorly.

A WORLD CLASS coach makes sure her athletes are READY and PREPARED.  Every DETAIL is prepared.  ALL the systems are drilled and even if something unexpected comes, it's easier to readjust.

Proper Preparation prevents poor performance.

This isn't the Bucket List

So the question is:  Do I want to do this  just  to say I did it?  I set a competition date, completed it regardless of whether or not I'm truly ready, and crossed it off of the bucket list.

OR

Do I want to go through the ENTIRE PROCESS, be truly ready, and get up there and let Chante Fierce own that stage and place where I place, but KNOW that I truly BROUGHT THE FIRE.

Decision made: This isn't the bucket list

Re-evaluation Time!


On Wednesday I took the entire day off from my meal plan and workouts.  I ate what I wanted and I enjoyed it.  I went to La Boulange and had a great time.  I also had some cornmeal crust pizza and some cookies for dinner.

Part of it was because I really need to learn how to "fail" and move forward.  I have a tendency to keep beating myself up about things.  Here was an unplanned day off and either I was going to continue in the downward spiral or just pick it up and keep it moving.

I have been at this for nearly 5 months and last I really needed to wrap my mind around the real goal which is to bring the heat.  I really needed to re-evaluate my mindset.  Why was I doing this in the first place?  That's a whole other post, but I decided that doing this for some sort of vindication and validation was not acceptable and I needed to re-evaluate my motives.  (More on this in another post)

I ALSO decided to remember that I got into this because I wanted to LOOK like a strong woman that exuded strength and power.  It is BODYBUILDING.  Not body starvation.  I needed to get back into the idea of building my body to be strong and pushing past my limits, not just prancing around in a bikini.

Thursday I woke up with a new mindset and I couldn't wait to hit the gym.  I'm sure all the sugar from the previous day helped to fuel me through.

Partying like  Roxstars Bay Area Style

On Saturday I met with Cassandra, who is a national level figure competitor and also one of our Roxstar Coaches.  She helped me with my posing and stage presentation.  It was very empowering and motivating because I felt like I belonged and not like I'm just pretending and playing Figure Competitors.

I was reassured that I'm not pipe dreaming and this is going to happen if I keep going because I'm not way off base here and she really confirmed my thoughts that my coach does know best.  If she thinks I need more time to really bring the fire, then I need more time.  We signed on with Roxie because she brings her clients to competitions in shape and they do well.  

They do NOT look like string beans.  They look Strong!

I still need to work on being more graceful in my heels...that seems to be the toughest part.

So when is my show?  I don't know yet...sometime in the Fall but rest assured I am going to bring the HEAT when I get up there.

GET READY! GET READY! GET READY!
Model Turns


Quarter Turn to the Right







No comments:

Post a Comment