Monday, July 14, 2014

Fitness Competition Journal: Losing sight of the real goal and 8 week Progress Photos

My mind is right.

I knew I was back on track when "Baby Boy" by Beyonce came on during my warm-ups and I had my choreography ready.  I also sang out random songs and danced around during my workout.

I am back.

I also had an EXCELLENT conversation with my coach about why I got so discouraged and defeated. It was funny because on my drive home from my workout that morning I started thinking about why I wanted to take my training to the next level in the first place.

I am passionate about strong, powerful, and empowered women.  I decided that I wanted my physical presence to embody these values.  I always admired strong looking women and I never wanted to look like a string bean so I decided to get serious about my training to achieve this goal.

I wanted to have a strong and athletic build.  I admire women like Serena Williams, Cory Everson, Linda Murray, Monica Brant, and other strong and powerful women.  I wanted to have visible muscles especially in my upper body.

So all that's happening now.
I can see the muscles in my back.  My shoulders are strong and powerful, but I was so caught up in the hype of competing that I wasn't acknowledging the progress I've made and what I've already accomplished in these 20 weeks.

The truth of the matter is that I have made so much progress in the last 5 months and a lot of it isn't physical.  A lot of it has been in my mental game.



I'll see you when I get there

With the recent explosion of physique contests, EVERYBODY is doing a show.  It used to be something that only a few did, but now it has become very popular.  I knew that if I was going to get onstage that I was going to do it the right way which is why I took my time researching methodologies and what type of coach I was looking for.

I wanted someone who did not believe in metabolism wrecking crash dieting which would only leave me looking like a string bean because I dieted all my muscle off and I wanted someone who understood that everyone's biochemistry is different so cookie cut diets aren't a part of the plan.

I found all of that in Roxie and what I liked is that just because I had set a show date, that did not mean that's what she was going to stick to.  We were going to when I was ready.  Just because I wanted to do a competition in 16 weeks didn't mean my body was going to cooperate.  

I am doing this competition all natural so I'm only using food and training to get lean.  It's just going to take longer for my body to acclimate and as a fitness professional I understand all of this.  It's the same thing I coach my clients on.  We need to diet on as many calories as possible and take our time rather than this 25 lbs in 6 weeks garbage.

So when is my show?  I'm still hoping for September but if that doesn't happen there's always another show.

As Roxie said I am doing everything I can to make progress and I am. 

I'm over 90% compliant with my eating (99% as of this writing) and I don't miss workouts so I'm doing everything to march toward my goal.  I just have to believe this, stay the course and continue on.

I'm going to get onstage in 2014 whether it is in September and I'll see you when I get there cause I'm gonna get there.  (Anybody else remember that Coolio Song...I'll C U when U get there)

Progress Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment