Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Rut Busting Recipes

I wish I could be one of those fitness professionals who tell you that she can eat plain old tilapia, chicken breast, broccoli, and asparagus at every meal.  Who needs their food to taste good?  Food is fuel!

Not me and Not Today

I like food that is tasty and is still flavorful and good for you.  Here are a few food ideas if you've been finding yourself eating the same tired food every single day


Spiced Fruits



Baked Apples or Peaches are my faves
I sprinkle with a little vanilla, stevia, and nutmeg

Bake for about 20 mins on 300 degrees. So yummy!!!



I add it to my cottage cheese or even Greek Yogurt



Rice Cakes and Nut Butter


2 Brown Rice Cakes* with 1 TBSP Nut Butter

*Brown RIce Cakes do not taste like styrofoam so I like them


I recommend this for a mid afternoon snack.  It really silences those mid afternoon stomach grumbles and Nut Butter always makes life more pleasant.

I recommend you stick with Raw Nut Butters
I like to pair this with an apple or Banana for some reason.  Post workout is a great time for this snack



Tortilla and Nut Butter


This was a favorite of mine.  
I like Ezekiel Wraps or Brown Rice wraps.  I prefer the gluten free wraps simply because it works better for my stomach.  I spread a TBSP of Nut Butter on one of these wraps add a banana, a few raisins, and cinnamon or nutmeg.

Bake this for about 5-7 minutes and you've got yourself a yummy little snack or quick breakfast


Cauliflower "Popcorn"

Cut up your cauliflower Florets
Spray with Non Stick Cooking Spray
Sprinkle with Garlic Salt, Pepper, or Paprika
Roast for about 20-30 minutes until crisp
Sprinkle with Braggs Nutritional Yeast (gives it a cheesy flavor)

This stuff is so good it is ridiculous.  You can find Braggs Nutritional Yeast in the aisle with the spices.  I get mine from Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment